For detailed information regarding Moderating a Canvas Quiz, visit this Canvas guide.
To manually unlock a quiz for a student, begin in your course's Quiz tab:
- On the far ride side of the screen, click "Moderate this quiz."
- Click the Edit icon (pencil) located to the right of the student's name.
- Check the box "Manually unlock this quiz for next attempt."
- In the extra attempt box, enter a "1" (note that this is the number of additional attempts, not the total number of attempts).
- Click Save. You should now see a little unlock icon and a 1 in number of attempts left.
To give a student extra time, click on "Moderate this quiz" button located at the far right of the quiz:
- Click the Edit icon (pencil) to the right of the student’s name.
- Enter the extra minutes the student is allowed to have when taking the quiz.
- Click Save.
- Check the box to the left of each student's name.
- At the bottom, click “Change Extensions for Selected Students.”