There are several reasons why you might not be able to see your course in Canvas: For further assistance, please call the 24/7 CANVAS SUPPORT HOTLINE
· Students: 1-844-334-0397 (toll free) or 1-801-957-5125 Option 1
· Faculty/Administrators/Staff: 1-833-250-2077 (toll free) or 1-801-957-5125 Option 2,
· or email email@example.com.
- The semester/term hasn't started yet. You will not be able to access your online class until the first day of class unless released by your instructor. Check the detailed course schedule to identify the class start date.
- You are not registered for the course. Check the detailed class schedule to confirm whether you are registered for that class.
- The Canvas course site is not yet published by the instructor. A course site isn't visible to students until the instructor manually publishes the Canvas site. If the semester/term has already started and you are definitely registered for the course, contact your instructor and ask them to publish the course.
- You may have previously your courses list set to show other courses. In this case, you will need to manually adjust the visibility of courses through the Courses button, then All Courses. Please see the Canvas Guide How do I customise my Courses list as a student?
- The semester/term blank Canvas course shells are not yet finalized and available. Canvas course shells become available when designated by the Canvas Administrator and registration. Most often this is approx. 3 weeks before classes begin. You will be able to see them in advance the Canvas global menu (far left vertical menu in any Canvas course) Courses list under All Courses.
- You are not yet designated as the teacher on record for the course. Check with your Associate Dean or immediate supervisor for confirmation of the detailed class schedule.
- You haven't designated the course to show in your dashboard or Courses short-cut list. All of your courses [past,present, and future] are visible in the Canvas global menu Courses list under All Courses, including the titles of courses which may be closed for access.
If you want to be sure a course shows on your Dashboard or Courses short-cut list:
- Login into Canvas and go to the Courses button (far left global menu) then All Courses.
- Star the items you want to see by clicking the star shape left of each title once. The start will turn orange when activated. Return to the dashboard and newly starred courses will appear.
- Remove stars for any courses you no longer wish to see for quick access in the Dashboard or Courses short-cut list. Please see the Canvas Guide How do I customize my Courses list as an instructor?