Managing Your Canvas Course Gradebook
To keep in accordance with SLCC Canvas usage requirements, you should update the Gradebook regularly while leaving timely feedback where possible. As you update student grades throughout the term, you'll learn to navigate, sort, and filter views for convenience within the Gradebook.
- How do I use the New Gradebook?
- How do I enter and edit grades in the New Gradebook?
- See additional info on using the Grade Detail Tray.
When entering grades, the New Gradebook displays crosshairs and highlighting across the row and column for improved orientation. To enter grades, type the grade as supported by assignment type directly in the Gradebook cell . You can also enter grades and change the submission status by clicking the Grade Detail Tray icon .
- How do I arrange columns in the New Gradebook?
- How do I use the icons and colors in the New Gradebook?
- How do I leave comments for students in the New Gradebook?
- How do I send a message to students from the New Gradebook?
- How do I change the status of a submission in the New Gradebook?
- How do I get to SpeedGrader from the New Gradebook?
- How do I view the history of all grading changes in the New Gradebook?
- How do I download all student submissions for an assignment in the New Gradebook?
- How do I publish final grades for a moderated assignment in the New Gradebook?
- How do I post grades for an assignment in the New Gradebook?
- How do I use the Learning Mastery Gradebook to view outcome results in a course from the New Gradebook?
- How do I view outcomes or student results individually in the Learning Mastery Gradebook from the New Gradebook?
Important: How to Apply "Treat Ungraded as 0" to Submissions
1) Treat Ungraded as 0
2) Applying Grades to Missing or Late Assignments
- How do I apply a Missing Submission policy in the New Gradebook?
- The Missing Submission policy lets you automatically apply a grade for all missing submissions in the New Gradebook. A submission is labeled missing when the due date has passed and it has not been submitted. Only submissions with a status of Missing will be affected by the Missing Submission policy. The Missing Submission policy is set per course.
- How do I apply a Late Submission policy in the New Gradebook?
- The Late Submission policy allows you to automatically deduct points on all late submissions. A submission is labeled late when it has been submitted past the due date. Only assignments with a status of Late will be affected by the Late Submission policy. The late policy will be applied to a submission when it is graded.
- If a submission is received after the due date, the Missing label will be automatically replaced by the Late label. However, any label can be manually removed in the Grade Detail Tray.
- Setting a Missing or Late Submission policy affects all assignments in a course, including assignments with due dates in the past. To exclude a specific assignment, mark the submission as something other than Missing in the Grade Detail Tray.
- Applying a missing submission policy will not affect previously graded missing submissions. Therefore, the Missing Submission policy should be set up when a course is created prior to creating assignments.
- The Missing or Late Submission policy will not be automatically applied to No Submission, On Paper, or External Tool assignments. However, a Late label can be added in the Grade Detail Tray.
- Hotline: 801-957-5125, Option 2 (Faculty)
- Email: email@example.com
- 801-957-5125, Option 3
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Faculty)
- See also: SLCC Online & eLearning Services