SLCC has a site license to two Respondus software applications.
- Respondus 4.0 Quiz Converter: for converting MS Word documents into Canvas-managed auto-graded quizzes.
- Respondus LockDown Browser: a Canvas-embedded feature that can be enabled to freeze students' browsing options on a home computer while they are taking quizzes online.
Respondus 4.0 for Quizzes
- For help converting your quizzes to Canvas, please contact an instructional technologist in eLearning. For an appointment or phone/email support, call 1-833-250-2077 (toll free) or
1-801-957-5125 Option 2.
- An instructional technologist can also train you how to use Respondus. Details and full instructions are in the related article: How do I add a Quiz in Canvas?
Respondus LockDown Browser
To enable Respondus Lockdown Browser in your course, first enable it in course navigation, and then in individual quizzes within the course.
- From the left menu in your course, select Settings.
- Select the Navigation tab.
- Click and drag the Lockdown Browser option from the lower (hidden) list into the upper (visible) list.
- Click Save.
- Refresh the page to confirm that the Lockdown Browser option is visible to students in course's left menu.
For additional information, view:
- Canvas Guide for Enabling Lockdown Browser in a Quiz
- Respondus Website for Lockdown Browser and other Products
These instructions may be useful to include in your quizzes to help inexperienced students.