Weekly Overview and Objectives Pages in modules serve several helpful purposes:
Here's an example of a Weekly Overview and Objectives Page:
- Function as a lesson plan with clearly stated goals, which benefit teachers, students, administrators and substitute teachers.
- Provide context to all upcoming module components.
- Provide context to assignments so that students know what each assignment will prepare them to do later in the course or in the working world after graduation.
- Assure students they are not being given busy work.
- Contain text instructions, images, links to websites and resources, embedded videos from YouTube or Kaltura.
- Scroll as long as needed and display the "Next" button so students navigate successfully without getting lost.
Week 1, Chapter 1: Intro to Geography
- Read Chapter 1
- Take the Chapter 1 Quiz
- Complete the following assignments as directed to help navigate your Canvas Account profile settings area.
- Configure Your Canvas Profile.
- Customize Your Canvas Notifications.
- Submit an Assignment
- Create and register an additional Gmail account in Canvas, dedicated to professional and academic communications.
- Register your GoogleDrive account to submit assignments directly to Canvas, using your Gmail address & password.
- Complete the graded discussion: Introduce Yourself.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Participate in next week's class project on the History of Geography
- Successfully submit assignments.
- Email your instructor with questions.
- Ensure you can receive important notices and announcements while reducing junk email from Canvas.
- Get SLCC and Canvas tech help anytime.
- Separate your personal email from profession email communications for future job searching.