The most frequent circumstance for re-grading is when a Canvas-managed auto-graded quiz has marked a question as incorrect, students challenge the question, and the instructor agrees to update the grades.
To re-examine each student’s quiz and give them credit on questions auto-marked as incorrect:
- From the course menu on the left, select the Quizzes tab.
- From the list of quizzes, select the quiz title you want to regrade.
- At the upper right of your screen view, click SpeedGrader.
- In the Speedgrader display, the list of students displays in the upper right corner as a drop-down menu. Start with the first student's name and go through their quiz.
- Across from each question is a box for points. Change the score in the box to the new score.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the quiz and click Update Scores.
- Scroll back up the top of the quiz and click the arrow by the student's name. This advances you to the next student's quiz.
- Repeat steps 4-7 until you finish updating all students' scores.
- *Ideally the instructor will update the quiz question to prevent the need for similar regrading in the future.