SLCC uses institutional standardized Canvas Outcomes which allow the administration and faculty to track mastery in a course. To find and import outcomes into a course or an assignment, see below:
Find an Outcome for the Course
When you need to find an Institutional Outcome to put into your course, you would do the following:
1. From your Course Navigation Menu, select Outcomes.
(Note: If this option or "link" is not available, you will need to enable it within your course settings. To find out how, please see the Canvas Guide: How do I manage Course Navigation links?)
2. From the Outcomes menu, select Find.
3. From the pop-up menu, navigate through the appropriate folders to select the desired outcome.
4. Finally, click Import located at the bottom of the options menu. The outcome can be applied to your assignment rubrics.
For detailed instructions, see the Canvas Guide: How do I find an existing outcome to add to a course?
See also: How do I import outcomes for a course?
If you don't already have a rubric for your course and need to add one, please see the Canvas Guide:
Find an Outcome for the Assignment
When you need to find an Institutional Outcome to put into an assignment, you would do the following. Make sure that you have completed the previous steps first:
1. From your Course Navigation Menu, select Assignments.
2. Open an assignment.
3. In an existing rubric, click Edit.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the rubric and click on the Find Outcome link.
Note: If this is the first time you have used this tool, you will see a pop-up menu with no listed options. When you click here, you will be redirected to the Outcomes course link to locate the appropriate outcome.
5. The next step will be the same as step #2 and #3 in Outcomes in which you will click Find, locate and select the desired outcome, and then click Import.
6. After importing the outcome, click Update Rubric at the bottom of the rubric.
Note: This is an indirect way to import an institutional outcome, but maybe beneficial when you're currently working on an assignment. We recommend locating and importing outcomes that you need (as explained in the beginning) so that they are available to add to your rubrics with less time and clicks.
If you don't already have a rubric for your assignment and need to add one, please see the Canvas Guide: How do I add a rubric to an assignment?