Instructor and student enrollment is automatically passed from Banner to Canvas. To request manually-added users, outside of automated enrollment practices, please complete the Add Users Request Form. Requests are routed to SLCC's Canvas administrators.
Frequently requested user roles for faculty and staff are:
- TA - Teaching Assistant
- Copy - teachers are added with permission to copy content from the source course to a different course location, without the ability to change the content in the source; this is the safest way to grant access to your course to another teacher
- Teacher - this creates an additional teacher with full permission in the course
- Other roles include Librarian, Reviewer, Lab Aide, and Observer (including DRC Interpreter).
Other roles include:
- Student - Mostly reserved for automated registration process through Banner, but if there is a mistake in the automated registration, fill out the form and we will fix it.
- Other roles include Designer, Lead, Add Users. Program Manager, Teacher CBE, and Add T Users.
- When users are added manually through this process it does not trigger tuition charges in Banner for students. We can not use this feature to bypass Banner registration.
- Users who are added manually will also need to accept manually, through the email link generated automatically in BruinMail, or through the Canvas "Courses" drop-down menu "View all or Customize" feature.
- Adding users and changing roles of users within a course need to happen between the start and end dates of a Canvas course. See also: How do I change the start and end dates for a course?