If you want to copy content from one Canvas course to another, you have several options:
Option 1: Copy the content yourself.
- Copying content from another Canvas site is fast and straightforward, provided you have access/user permissions to the sites from which you are copying content. This means you are listed in the Teacher role/owner (check using the "People" tab) of both the source course and destination course. This applies to old courses (inactive,) development (DEV) sites and new blank course shells. Refer to this Canvas Guide for step-by-step instructions: How do I copy content from another Canvas course using the Course Import tool?
Option 2: Ask a Canvas Administrator to copy the content.
- To request assistance in copying content from a site to which you do not already have access, fill out this Copy Content Request Form and submit it. Your request will be routed to SLCC's Canvas administrators, who will verify that you have the appropriate permissions to make this request. If you do not have access, the course's owner needs to use the Add/Remove Users form to gain access in the "Copy" user role.
Option 3: Get help by phone.
- Canvas Support can guide you step by step through the process. Again, this method requires you to have access as a registered user for both the source course and the destination course.
- 24/7/365 Canvas Support:
- Hotline: 801-957-5125, Option 2 (Faculty)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Option 4: Get in-person help.
- If you have questions or want to schedule an in-person consultation, please use one of the options below for an available Instructional Technologist or Canvas Administrator:
REV EZ 07/01/2021