When logging into Canvas, there are a few options discussed below:
The primary and most important method is through the MySLCC portal because it's SLCC's way of auto-authenticating your credentials in Canvas.
- From the SLCC home page, hover your cursor over MY SLCC.
- From the drop-down menu, select Canvas.
The next login screen displays the following:
- In the first "User Name" field, enter your MySLCC username.
- In the "Password" field, enter your MySLCC password.
- Next, click Sign-In to the right.
Note: This is the same screen when accessing any other MySLCC pages.
Important: You will be immediately directed to validate your SLCC credentials using a two-prompt method as shown below:
If you're not familiar with that is needed for this step, you will need to contact the IT/Help Desk department, or by visiting the following IT Knowledge Articles for help:
- About Two-Factor Authentication
- Duo Guide to Two-Factor Authentication
- Enrolling in Duo Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
This is a great method for when you are already logged into MySLCC and need to access Canvas from your employee, student or faculty dashboard. This box will appear in different areas depending on your preferences in your MySLCC settings.
Just locate the Canvas logo within the information box and click the icon. This method should take you straight to your Canvas Dashboard.
Note: you may be prompted to enter your credentials again if MySLCC has timed out from being open on your browser for an extended period.
For future reference, feel free to download the Accessing Canvas Guide.docx.
- MySLCC Portal FAQs and Troubleshooting
- To reset your MySLCC password (which will also reset your Canvas password), go to the MySLCC Password Change website.
- For additional assistance, contact SLCC's Office of Information Technology (Technical Support).
SLCC Online & eLearning Services
- F2F Canvas Course Faculty Support
- 801-957-5125, Option 3
- Email: email@example.com (Faculty)
- Redwood Campus, TB-207 (second level)
- Website: eLearning Faculty Resources
- SLCC Online Student Support
Important: Our services are limited to school/business hours usually between 7:30 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday; however, you can always contact the 24-hour Hotline through Instructure (from the previous page) and they may be able to help you out with the majority of emergency or urgent issues if needed.
24/7 Canvas Support
This will give you immediate assistance and 24/7 support that makes it convenient and flexible to fit your schedule.
- Hotline (Students): 801-957-5125, Option 1
- Hotline (Faculty): 801-957-5125, Option 2
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org