The Canvas Gradebook displays different icons and colors, which provide visual cues to help students understand their assignment submissions and grades in Canvas. To view your grades, see the Canvas Guide How do I view my grades in a current course?
From the grades page, you can select the Course for which you want to view grades
- . By default, grades are sorted chronologically by assignment due date.
- In the Arrange by menu , you can also sort by module, assignment title, or assignment group.
- To see the specified grades, click the Apply button . Assignments that are not part of a module will be shown at the end of the assignments list in alphabetical order. However, if modules or assignment groups aren't used in your course, they won't be included as sorting options.
- You can view the name of the assignment , the assignment due date , the status of the assignment , the score you earned , and the total point value of the assignment .
- You may also be able to view whether the assignment includes scoring details, comments, or rubrics .
- You may see various grade icons in the score column  indicating the type of assignment you submitted. These assignments have not been graded by your instructor. Once the assignment is graded, the icon will be replaced by your score.
For more information about Gradebook features, see these Canvas Guides:
Note: You may want to save certain links in your browser as a reference throughout the term.
If you need further assistance, contact:
24/7/365 Canvas Support:
- Hotline (Students): 801-957-5125, Option 1
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SLCC Online & eLearning Services
- SLCC Online Student Support
REV EZ 07/13/21