When can I access my online Course?
- Each course for which you are enrolled should be available in Canvas on the first day of class (see SLCC's Academic Calendar for a schedule). If you do not see the course on the first day of class, email your instructor. The instructor needs to publish the course to make it visible to students.
- Some instructors may choose to make a course (or at least a syllabus) available before the first day of class.
- Students can manage the list of courses that appear on their Canvas menu.
- From the global navigation menu on the far left in Canvas, click Courses, then All Courses.
- Scroll through current enrollments and future enrollments areas to locate your courses.
- "Star" your active courses to make them show in your Courses shortlist and Navigation tiles.
- If you use your Canvas calendar feature, make sure your active courses display with a small colored square on the far right so that corresponding colored assignments are populated within the calendar. You can un-click the colored square to remove unwanted course information from the calendar view.
For more information, see the Canvas Guide: How Do I Customize My Courses List.
How do I know when my online class begins?
Online classes are accessible on or before the first day of the term in which the class is associated with. Most classes are attached to the full (16-week term), but may be associated with shorter parts of terms (1st half or 2nd half 8-week terms). To learn which term(s) your online class(es) are assigned, you can check your class schedule from your MySLCC account.
- Log in to MySLCC.
- Select the Student tab.
- In the top-left corner, under the Student Portal, select Student Detail Schedule or Student Schedule by Day and Time.
For more information, click here
For additional help, feel free to call or visit the SLCC Online Support Center.
SLCC Online Support Center
Students: 1-844-334-0397 (toll-free) or 1-801-957-5125 Option 1
Taylorsville Redwood Campus
Technology Building (TB)
Suite 115 (main level, near the south entrance)
REV EZ 08/10/2021