When needing to log into Canvas, please see the steps below:
The primary and most important method is through the MySLCC portal because it's SLCC's way of auto-authenticating your credentials in Canvas.
1. From the SLCC home page, hover your cursor over MY SLCC.
2. From the drop-down menu, select Canvas.
3. From the account field that appears, select or enter your MySLCC firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. From the password field that appears, enter your MySLCC password.
Important: You will be immediately directed to validate your SLCC credentials using a two-prompt method as shown below:
If you're not familiar with that is needed for this step, you will need to contact the IT/Help Desk department, or by visiting the following IT Knowledge Articles for help:
- About Two-Factor Authentication
- Duo Guide to Two-Factor Authentication
- Enrolling in Duo Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
There is a secondary method to access Canvas and need to access Canvas from your employee, student or faculty dashboard. This box will appear in different areas depending on your preferences in your MySLCC settings.
Just locate the Canvas logo within the information box and click the icon. This method should take you straight to your Canvas Dashboard, however you may be prompted to enter your credentials again if MySLCC has timed out from being open on your browser for an extended period.
- MySLCC Portal FAQs and Troubleshooting
- To reset your MySLCC password (which will also reset your Canvas password), go to the MySLCC Password Change website.
- For additional assistance, contact SLCC's Office of Information Technology (Technical Support).
SLCC Online & eLearning Services
- F2F Canvas Course Faculty Support
- 801-957-5125, Option 3
- Email: email@example.com (Faculty)
- Redwood Campus, TB-207 (second level)
- Website: eLearning Faculty Resources
- SLCC Online Student Support
Important: Our services are limited to school/business hours usually between 7:30 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday; however, you can always contact the 24-hour Hotline through Instructure (from the previous page) and they may be able to help you out with the majority of emergency or urgent issues if needed.
24/7 Canvas Support
This will give you immediate assistance and 24/7 support that makes it convenient and flexible to fit your schedule.
- Hotline (Students): 801-957-5125, Option 1
- Hotline (Faculty): 801-957-5125, Option 2
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
REV KLH 10/08/21